Thursday, July 27, 2017

Femininity: Nicely Styled Hair

I was supposed to do a post today on the new women’s group that Father Bartus’ wife started, but I think I will owe you that piece because yesterday I completely forgot to take photos.  Actually, I didn’t forget, but I found myself so comfortable in a chair that I didn’t want to move.  I have been really tired, with all the house work that remodeling requires and between my job and putting the house back together, I have been extremely exhausted.  After some persuasion from my friend, I agreed to attend the women’s group and I even did my hair!  So, let’s talk hair.  When I am not feeling well, my hair doesn’t get styled I wrap it in a bun and refuse to mess with its high maintenance demands.  Thus, as I put brush to hair I realized that I was coming out of my slump.  I am a girlie girl, who loves style like a Christmas tree loves ornamentation.  I come from a long line of stylish women and a culture were excess in hues is encouraged and short of  a crime if one does not adhere to it.  So, after looking at my nicely styled hair and approving my mirror reflection, I took out a colorful dress and some summer wedges.  As I made my way to the car, I realized how much modernity has affected our style.  I yearned for some decades ago when women wouldn’t leave the house without a nice structured dress and red lips. In the short walk from my house to the car, I felt extremely feminine in my new dress, metallic heels and good hair.  I thought about a man who once thanked a young, vintage loving gal for dressing like women used to in his day and for a quick moment I wanted to make a vow to wear more dresses; to bring back those decades when women looked so fantastically feminine in their fitted bodice and full skirt dresses.  Aww the good old days.  Life was slower then – now most of the time I feel in such a rush that the last thing I think about is my appearance.  Though I do notice that when I am not feeling my best my hair suffers (smile), thus letting it down yesterday felt like a small victory.  During the women’s group, though I was extremely tired, I felt good as if the sun was coming out after a few days of gloom.  Sometimes, a little pampering can do wonders for the soul…  I promise better posts starting next week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment