Thursday, June 2, 2016

May: My Week In Pictures

Friday- Little Man receives award at school: 
Last week my nephew received a mathematics award at his school, my sister and grandma attended the ceremony.  I was sent this pic via text message because in my family we share all of our moments (smile).

Saturday- Sacred Heart Novena:

My cruise angels and I pray novenas together throughout the year- it's a practice that keeps our bond strong even with the distance between us.  Currently we are praying "The Sacred Heart of Jesus" novena in addition to doing five minutes with the Holy Spirit.  I love praying, "Sacred Heart of Jesus I place my trust in you."  There's so much goodness in that phrase- because we transfer our need to control things to Jesus and trust that he will provide accordingly.  We also offer the novenas for our mutual intentions because you know what Jesus says, that "where two or more are gathered in his name..."

Sunday- Corpus Christi:
There I was at at a very plush auditorium listening to Rick Warren preach and I was very captivated by his message, I thought to myself I think I have found the church that I will permanently attend.  I went a few more Sunday's and while the preaching was some of the best I had ever heard in my faith journey- the church serviced lacked something... It just didn't feel complete.  At the end of the last service I attended I heard an announcement  that if any wanted to receive communion to go to room 111.  The words hurt me.  They made Jesus' sacrifice petty, insignificant, unimportant... I realized at that moment that the Eucharist was calling me home.  To the place where the preaching wasn't spectacular and the music didn't reflect a pop band, but where the real presence of God was celebrated every single day.  Where we worshiped God not how we wanted to, but how He wants us to.  On Corpus Christi Sunday we honor that great gift Jesus gave us, "this is my body given for you..."   

Monday- Memorial Day Thrifting Sales:
Memorial Day is one of my favorite shopping days because my local thrift store has a 50 percent off sale!  I scored: 

  • Halogen Embellished Shift Dress retails $148 Paid $5
  • Rag & Bone Stripe Ramblas Cotton Knit Dress Retails $220 Paid $3
  • Elizabeth & James Silk Collarless Blouse Retails $159 Paid $1.50
  • Jenny Krauss Skinny Floral Embroidered Belt Retails $60 Paid $1.99
  • JPK Paris 75 Raffia & Leather Crossbody Retails $100+ Paid $5.99 
      • Total Savings: $669.52     Amount I Paid: $17.48

Tuesday- Chocolate Pineapple Shoes:
My coworker celebrated her bday and shared some yummy chocolate pineapple shoes with me! Cute and delicious!

Wednesday- Doggy turns lucky 13!
My pup became a teenager or as my mathematics genius noted a senior of 91 in doggy years.  At thirteen he loves long walks, playing with dogs in small groups (preferably one-on-one), has little patience for puppies and loves massages and baby talk.  He's super well behaved, but a snob that's not interested in people outside his pack. Aww he is so Adorbs!

Thursday- Peace:
Am preparing to go on a women’s silent retreat tomorrow after work, and it really comes at a moment where I really need to be with God alone and work on my inner peace.  I have been feeling a little insecure lately- things that normally don’t affect me are getting to me.  In my life I have little conflict in my relationships with my people – I don’t like drama I strive for peace.  Yet, lately I feel like I have been acting dramatic and I don’t like feeling like I am some sort of burden.  Sometimes my focus gets shifted and this weekend I am really hoping that it will get redirected towards God.  When God is my focus I feel at peace so am looking forward to leaving everything to be embraced by my heavenly Father. 

Life is a gift, and looking at my week in pictures always gives me a sense of gratitude because I lead a full, simple, happy life (smile). 

No comments:

Post a Comment