Thursday, January 23, 2014

Random Cruise Preparedness

Things will be rather quiet here for the next week since I am going on the Ave Maria Catholic Single’s Cruise (whoopie)!  Last year, the day before the trip I found myself filling my suitcase with whatever I could find that was clean and summertime and I forgot so many essentials that during the cruise I had to buy a lot of things including a very expensive hairbrush; but, I learned my lesson!  This time around as a seasoned traveler, I established a pre-cruise routine which included planning, packing, a beauty treatment and prayer (smile).  First, I decided that since the rooms on the ship are so reduced I needed to make a visual chart of the outfits I had in my suitcase that way I could easily grab an outfit for whatever type of activity I plan to undertake.  I proceeded in selecting outfits in four categories: formal, day, night and excursions.  Then I printed pictures of the outfits and added self-adhesive on the back of each so that I can move them around my calendar.  Am so excited about having a visual aid because my mind operates in a pictorial manner.  I then continued to pack a week in advance putting all the clothes, shoes and accessories in my suitcase and leaving items that I still will use during the week to pack the night before.
Trying to be organized...

Step two, included getting a much needed haircut, getting my second gel manicure (so it lasts all week) and a pedicure.  I went with a nautical theme since I will be going on a cruise (wink).
Love being a girl...
Books I plan to read and my journal to do a little bit of writing.

Finally, the most important - prayer! I finished my last Novena for my future husband this week. My coworker motivated me to pray the Novena to Saint Anthony the patron saint of lost things.  Also, when I go on retreats or vacations (where I know I will have time to pray for others) I usually collect in advance a list of intentions that other people trust me with to intercede for on their behalf.  Two more days until I sail, can't wait (smile)!  



No comments:

Post a Comment