Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thrift Shop Queen


Recently, I have been getting asked the same type of questions by friends in regards to my cheap finds and I thought I would take the time today to reveal my top secrets:

Found Life of Pi, book on Cd for $2.00!

1   1)What Thrift Stores do I go to because I always find such amazing bargains?
A lot of neat costumes!
I love Goodwill, the Salvation Army and Assistance League.  There’s a Salvation Army two minutes away from my house that I like to go to quite frequently because it’s so near (I also donate a great deal of my stuff there).  The Goodwill that I love is in the city of Garden Grove, and I tend stop by at least once a month for a quick peek.  The Assistance League is also a small shop near my home and it’s my mom’s favorite second hand shop; so, usually I go there for mom, prices there are a little higher, but the quality can be a lot better.
 
New Mark & James Badgley Mishka $12.99

The great thing about each of these shops is that your purchases help make a difference. For example, The Salvation Army is a Christian organization that helps all types of great causes both locally and worldwide.  While Goodwill’s focus is more community centered helping individuals find and maintain employment.  The Assistance League also serves the local community by creating various programs that meet the specific needs of each individual community.   
  
2)How do I find such great deals?
New Vera Wang Lavendar 9.99

Perseverance, I don’t always find deals - many times I leave empty handed… Rencently, I started noticing that Target donates a lot of merchandise to Goodwill stuff they didn’t sell in their stores and I have found a lot of cute never worn dresses for less than ten dollars a piece!  Also, daily they have "color of the day discount," where depending on the tag color (they choose) you get an additional 40 percent off!   Another tip is to know your brands, that way if it's expensive you know it's because it's better quality and worth the little extra.

Vintage Sunflower Pin $3.99

I aim for all of my actions to be products of my love towards God and my desire to produce positive effects every breathing moment.  I know a lot of people that are repelled by wearing used garments, luckily I am not!  It’s such a great feeling knowing my cheap deals help many different causes and that I find a home to a lot of orphaned goods don’t you love my dramatics! (smile).    

No comments:

Post a Comment