Friday, October 18, 2013

Mi Madre

If I ever become half the woman my mother is I will have succeeded!  She’s the most beautiful person on this planet that I know (and that’s no hyperbole)– I am so honored that God chose to give her to me and that He’s teaching me how to express my love and gratitude towards her while she’s on this planet…  My mother was born into poverty, at a time in her childhood she went without shoes or food.  Her dolls were made from corn husks and her games were played around completing extraneous farming tasks.  She never completed elementary – yet taught herself to read and write.  She married a selfish alcoholic that treated her ill for half of their marriage – yet she never left him.  She birthed four children that gave her millions of heartaches yet she loved us unconditionally.  She survived the death of her oldest son and has never lost faith.  Her path has not been easy, yet that smile and gentle spirit has risen above every and any struggle. 

Celebrating Mami's Birthday at Pirates Dinner Adventure.

There’s a worship song in Spanish, “El Alfarero” that tells the story of God being the clay master and each person the willing clay that gets shaped into a new vessel, but in order to become that vessel it needs to get molded and put through fire as part of the arduous transformation process.  My mom loves that song! 

Lyrics in translation lose their beauty, but you'll get the gist.

Do we become better people through association?  My mother’s patient, loving, confidence helped my father become the man that I adore (the man he was created to be) – the man that made a choice to love his family above all and leave his alcoholic friends behind.  The man that is self-serving, generous and loving…  

Show Begins
The fairy.
Our pirate the red one!
Super show, my nephew loved it!

When I am sad, she turns the radio on to a happy tune and asks me to dance - we dance around the kitchen like two young girls until I smile.  She’s my momma and I love her so! 

Cheers!
I try to enjoy her daily, now while I am single I can spoil her the way she has taught me to love.  When I think of her my heart inflames with love, with pride, with thankfulness that God chose her for miserable me. Thank you Father for sending her to us! Mamacita te amo! Feliz cumpleaƱos!


 Mi Familia.

No comments:

Post a Comment