Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mary Undoer of Knots


It’s Mother’s Day weekend a great time to reflect on my ever-growing relationship with Mother Mary.  We haven’t always had a close relationship (mostly my fault) because it took me some years to realize that I wasn’t cheating on God by running to His Mother.  These days, I have a deep devotion to Mary, Our Lady Undoer of Knots.  While traveling thru Europe I discovered that Pope Francis has a strong bond with Our Lady Undoer of Knots this raised my curiosity and when I found the prayer I was totally in love by the beauty of the words.  I love her title because it immediately brings images of liberation from things that oppress my soul and keep me away from God.  Whenever I am in trouble or just feeling really beaten down I pray the novena and by the third day I feel lighthearted and free.
A few months ago, I was invited to go to my first gala.  As I sat on my table the center piece really peaked my curiosity and as I looked closely I saw that it was none other than Our Lady Undoer of Knots.  Every table had a different saint or image of Mary; that I had sat at the table with the one I hold a strong devotion to made me utterly happy.  I had been going through some struggles and just sitting at that table reminded that I am not alone, that I also have a heavenly Mother to run to filled me with hope.  It brought the prayer to my mind and all I could think of, was how do I bring her home for I knew my family would also benefit from her coming with me.  At the end of the gala we were told that the center pieces were part of a raffle and whoever made the biggest donation could bring it home.

I had shared with the people at my table my devotion to Mary Undoer of Knots, so I immediately made an offer, but once I had reached my limit I was sad that I wouldn’t be able to bring her home.  Yet, the generous people at my table said they would all donate the rest that I needed for the thousand dollars donation and that I could bring her home because Mary wanted to go to the home with the person who already had such an intimate relationship with her.  I had only met the people at my table that day and their generosity left me speechless.  I was excited to bring her home because I knew that my whole family would be blessed having her live with us.  I finally found the perfect place out in my backyard where we spend of our time and we all love to keep her company and most of all know that when we need rest she will intercede for us with the perfect prayer of liberation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment