Saturday, January 2, 2021

Happy New Year

I was looking back at twenty-twenty and I realized that even though I struggled with my mental health due to the quarantine and though I had a mini-breakdown due to the stress of virtual teaching not to mention a long period of debilitating depression from lacking my faith support groups, in addition to only having enough energy to take care of the main responsibilities – the tough year also brought with it many blessings...   

After a period of going without Mass, our Catholic Church brought them back outside. 

I discovered that I have an aquatic dog who loves (an understatement) the beach!

My parish placed the Blessed Sacrament outside so that we can worship Him in the parking lot from the comfort of our car.

It was the year that I was able to wear masks outside of Halloween.

Francis turned one and had a quarantine themed birthday party in isolation.

We took our first family trip to Big Bear and created many great memories en familia.

I completed my Master’s in Education after a more than a ten-year hiatus.

I discovered headbands- even during quarantine one must remain fashionable!

Francis was blessed for the first time during the annual Blessing of the Animals.

I completed my first year back as a teacher and celebrated with a virtual end of the semester party.

I turned four times ten- a milestone birthday and even though I couldn’t travel as I had hoped it was just as memorable at home with my family.

I ended the year in good health with my family and one super spoiled pup.

It was a tough year, earlier in the week mom lost a childhood friend to Covid, luckily next Friday we will be able to attend the outside funeral services.  This loss brought with it many feelings, specially fear.  During this past year, I haven’t really been frighten by the whole virus, but having it hit close to home brought with it the fear of keeping my folks safe.  Thus, though I had two weeks off for winter break, I spent most of it at home trying to keep my parents safe.  Hopefully, this new year will provide the cure so that we don’t have to live in fear of getting others possibly deadly sick. There's much hope to this new chapter called 2021. Happy New Year!

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment