Saturday, January 9, 2021

Three Weekend Feel Goods

 After a challenging week both for our country and personally tracking my kids to remind them that school was back in session, I am so ready for the weekend.  While there’s a lot of chatter about everything that is happening, I want to focus on things that bring a little joy into my life.  Thus, my three weekend feel goods came about to remind me to invest my energy on the positive.

Audiobooks! This new year my resolution is to read more, however sometimes my eyes hurt so much from being on the computer all day that reading hurts.  Thus, a great solution is audiobooks and the best part is that my local library has a great selection for free.  Just download the Hoopla App and login using your library card and you have thousands of titles at your disposal.

DIY Projects.  I have been back at working with leather handbags and restoring items to give them a second life.  My little projects always make me feel so earthly-utterly responsible because I save items from landfills and connect them to people who will use them after I restore them.  Today, I am listing a Zadig and Voltaire crossbody bag on my eBay store to find it a new home. 

Mass.  Even if I find it a bit distracting outside, and even though I now attend on my own without my parents I am so happy to have this tangible experience.  I am so grateful to be able to worship in community and to receive communion, my nourishment for the week ahead.

Even in quarantine with the rising fear of contagion there’s always ways to live a full life.  I haven’t spent so much quality time with my family and maybe because they are the most interesting, genuine people I am still fascinated by them.  Even if I have become quite agoraphobic, I thank God for giving me all this down time to relax and learn to enjoy.  Though I struggle with motivating myself to do things, I am learning to enjoy the new lifestyle that at the moment our current circumstances dictate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment