Saturday, August 29, 2020

iHeart Yoga at Lantern Park

I have never been a fan of Yoga… To be honest I get bored.  Yet, last week my boss treated us to iHeart Yoga in the park and the allure of being out in nature made me accept the invitation.  According to their website – it’s the longest and most popular class in Dana Point.  You can drop in or book ahead of time for an eight-dollar donation. The class runs for an hour and people at all levels participate and equally enjoy the session because the instructor gives various options of stretches to accommodate everyone.

Selfie with our Yoga Instructor

The setting, at Lantern Park, makes for an ideal backdrop. You lay your mat on the field under the shade of pine trees overlooking the harbor.  The amazing ocean views and cool breeze make for an ideal setting to relax the mind and get in the spirit of body and soul… It was a great way to conclude a stressful week; thus, I totally recommend iHeart Yoga for anyone that is looking for a way to work out during Covid.

While, being outdoors appreciating nature at its best, I still don’t think Yoga is for me.  After half an hour I was like a preschool kid looking for something else to do. My mind just couldn’t namaste any longer.  I think the yoga instructor noticed my inattentiveness towards the end and she was ok with it.  She was like, “do what feels good to your body” and what felt good was just to lay on my back and look at the sky.  After the class she came over to me because I had mention that I was a yoga novice.  I told her that I think I needed to start with half hour sessions because the hour was too much for a beginner.  She gave me a high five for trying and provided information on intro to yoga options offered at her studio.  Her optimism and kindness were so refreshing and for that I would return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment