Saturday, October 26, 2019

Week Two: Working on the Unexpected


This past week was quite trying, so excuse the tardiness of the post.  After so many years of not using my teaching credential, it expired.  Usually, the hiring district has an induction clear credential program; however, since I work for a charter school, things run quite differently.  Thus, I found myself looking for a private induction program and asking the Commission on Teaching Credentialing for an extension so that I wouldn’t lose my job.  Not many universities have induction programs since districts usually take care of the process, but after some digging around, I found Antioch in Los Angeles.  Now I am waiting for the CTC to approve my request so that I will be in the clear.  It was quite challenging working full-time and on my off time trying to get all the credentialing stuff done.  On Wednesday, I was in the road for four hours in the morning commuting to Los Angeles to enroll in the program and then driving straight to work from there.  Fortunately, I am now enrolled in a two-year induction program where I will have to go to class once a month and meet with other teachers in the same situation for support. 
In spite of all this, it was nice coming home to my pup and getting to see him graduate puppy school after the most insane day of my week.  We arrived to the graduation a few minutes late, when they had awarded Francis the most improved award for changing so dramatically from a frightened dog to a social butterfly.  The teacher administered the test of all that we have been working on and I was afraid that Francis would not pass because he still has great difficulty with waiting.  However, Saint Francis must have been keeping a lookout because my pup passed with flying colors!  He passed all the basic course material and graduated with a big grin on his face.  Now getting him still for a nice picture was not as successful (smile).
It’s been a whirlwind here lately, but as the weeks go by am sure that I will establish a routine and life will gain a sense of normalcy.  This week, I didn’t make it to my Monday night bible study group and I totally felt it.  Though, I am quite busy trying to sort all the new right now, eventually I want to make sure that I do make the time for the spiritual activities that keep me hopeful and sane. I only ask that you continue keeping me in your prayers.    

No comments:

Post a Comment