Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Little Secret


I want to let you in on a little secret, I have been made an offer and accepted a teaching position at a charter school in my county.  You are now looking at the (in two weeks) intervention teacher for said school.  The public charter school works with students who the traditional high school setting is not working and works individually or in a small group setting to help kids achieve a high school diploma and prepare them to enter the real world.  I will be working with students and parents who are having difficulty passing high school and I am really excited to begin this new phase in my career.  Am not sure how it will impact my blog as I transition, but I will try to write even if it’s just once a week and maybe change dates, to during the weekend.
What I do know is this: prayer works!  I remembered that a priest once told me to pray in a very specific way when making a request to God.  So, I asked the Lord to please help me find employment by the end of September and though the teaching offer came on the second day of October, in September I had been made an offer that after prayerful consideration I declined.  When I was offered the job that I turned down, I took it to God and asked him to give me a sign of whether or not to take it and He did just that when I was told about the wages – which were extremely too low.  Though turning down a job (even if it’s not the right fit) feels like stepping into a pool of uncertainty – I trusted that God would provide.  I did my part by looking for work and submitting my resume and trusted that God would do the rest.

As I interviewed for the teaching position, again I asked God that if I was offered the job, that would be my sign from Him that I would be able to handle the responsibility even with my disability.  So, I ask you for your prayers which I will desperately need during this transition.  I always get extremely overwhelmed and my thoughts start racing wildly, but since I got the offer, I have had peace in my heart.  I think that feeding my life with wisdom from the saints and scripture has given my overactive mind healthy things to think about.  I also have this new mindset where my job is not about proving that I am a great teacher, but helping students succeed… Any who do not forget me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment