Monday, August 7, 2017

Weekend to Myself

I had such a beautiful weekend free of commitments.  This gave me a lot of time to be home and finish projects that I had lingering in my mind.  Mom tells me that I don’t have to go to every event that I get invited and maybe she’s right, maybe I need to start practicing declining things and learning to say no.  Yet, because my top love language is quality time – if I am not present for others I feel like a bad friend. However, lately I had been feeling so overwhelmed because I am an introvert and I charge myself by being alone and I've felt like I was running low on batteries.  Thus, this weekend of me time really helped my spirit.  I desire a life at a slow pace, sometimes I dream of living in the country, in a farm, with animals - living off the fat of the land.  This little fantasy, makes me think that withdrawing is the only way that I will slow down.  Yet, I know that the present is all that I have and I need to practice slowing down now.  I need to do a character study on Martha and Mary to discover the lessons Jesus taught us through them.  In addition, to practicing saying no and refusing some activities.  Though, at the moment between homework readings and reading Harry Potter with my nephew I don’t know when I will be able to dive into Martha and Mary! 
Anyway, today’s post is about my free weekend.  Since I painted my room I have been wanting to put up one of my all-time favorite verses on one of my walls.  Sunday, I was able to tackle this little project and I am super happy with my results.  Now every morning when I wake up, His words will be the first I see.  I ordered these scripture wall decals from a mom and pop shop online.  They arrived promptly with easy to use instructions.  In less than thirty minutes I had them up on my wall.  I am very happy with the results: "Be still and know that I am God."
I also had a lot of time to devote to my purse flipping.  After I started seeing great vintage, designer, leather purses at thrift stores that needed a lot of tender love- I realized that I could bring them home and refurbish them so that they could be enjoyed again.  I did research on how to repair leather and started many DIY projects that led to me to purse flipping.  I fix the purses and then I find them new homes to keep them out of landfills.  I really enjoy doing this especially when I see the before and after.  On Saturday, I worked on a vintage Dooney and Bourke that initially looked like it was ready for the garbage, I didn’t even think that I could fix it enough for another use.  Yet, it’s coming along just fine.  I will do a post on it in case any of you are inspired to reuse vintage items.

I also, worked on my homework, went to the swap meet with my parents, rested and relaxed.  It was such a great weekend I can’t wait to have another full weekend to myself (smile).  

No comments:

Post a Comment