Monday, September 23, 2019

Six Years

I have been wanting to write this entry since July, when “In My Shoes” turned 6!  Six years ago, I started this little outlet to write about anything that popped into my head in the AM and though sometimes my thoughts in the span of the life of my blog have been repetitive -I usually try to share the new experiences.  I have been lacking creativity these past few months because I have had so many changes and for someone who thrives in routine – life has been challenging.  Nevertheless, thanks for reading even during my slump…  Since, I started writing this space - here are a few things (milestones) that have happened:   
I officially became a flats over heels girl- Though I still have a great attraction for high heels my new lifestyle has converted me into a ninety-nine percent flats wearing girl.  I no longer go clubbing or party the way I did as a pagan (LOL) – now I usually do things of substance that require lots of walking and have no access to alcohol to numb the pain of the heels. And seriously there’s so many cute flats!
I learned that four-inches is my max heel height.  When I do wear heels (mostly to wedding receptions) I have realized that no matter how appealing stilettos are – I need a heel that I can move in…  Though lately I have discovered that a nice platform or kitten heel can be just as great.

Dollar is now in doggy heaven and Francis is my new doggy here on earth.  Losing the furball that made constant appearances here on the blog was a devastating loss and it hurt immensely.  After I laid him to rest, I realized that I wanted to save another dog as quickly as possible.  I figured two miserable souls could comfort each other, and while Francis has been completely opposite to Dollar in every way, he’s already part of the Penny Clan, we love him very much.
My faith has matured.  I finally feel comfortable being Catholic and practicing my faith as best as I can because my questions keep finding intelligent answers.  Thanks be to God I found a Bible Study Group that I love because the group challenges me to study my faith harder and to get to know God more deeply.  I also, am in the Master Catechist program receiving the same training as aspiring deacons and though my diocese is revamping the program, I am looking forward to continuing my studies when lay formation returns. 

After, having this great devotion to Saint Francis, I began and continue my Secular Franciscan Formation am looking forward to my profession.  I found a great community of Franciscans where I continue to learn the legacy this great saint left for us to follow in our journey to Christ.  My monthly meetings fill me with hope and a desire to continue learning and putting into practice Franciscan spirituality.
I have also been connected with many different young adult Catholic organizations that have helped me find people like me.  I no longer feel like an outcast, but take pride in my Catholic identity.  God continues to place people and experiences in my path that make my faith anything, but stagnant.  I have monthly meetings with young Catholic women and we study our faith while growing in friendship… And I continue to learn how to live my faith in the world and balance friendships with non-believers too. 

In six years, I do see the great changes and am excited for the future.  On Sunday, Father said during the homily that we should strive to live honest lives of integrity.  And I hope to continue being open and true this next year.  I also, will try to be more committed to my entries and sharing not only in words, but with pictures… For now, Happy Sixth Anniversary “In My Shoes” and thank you friends for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment