Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thirty Six Acts of Kindness

Thirty-six acts of kindness by loved ones on my birthday:
  • Sister helped me do my hair, you know that place in the back that is always a challenge.
  • Mom gave me the sweetest card.
  • Dad the warmest hug.
  • Coworkers decorated my desk with colorful balloons, streamers, and birthday signs.  
  • A staff card with well wishes from everyone in my department.
  • Funny jokes.
  • A birthday cake!
  • Many versions of the birthday song (solo, group, and tap dancing).
  • Serenade from my best friend’s one year-old.
  • Prayers offered for me.
  • Sweet phone calls, texts and social media messages poured in throughout the day.
  • Mom made my favorite meal.
  • Ate dinner as a family.
  • Mass offered for me.
  • Funny snoopy comic on my daily calendar.
  • Hugs, lots of them.
  • Bouquet of colorful carnations delivered by my goddaughter.
  • Nephew played a new song on the piano for me.
  • Nephew gives me the best hug of the day, you know those really tight kind.
  • Quality time.
  • Pet bird singing.
  • Birthday cards- yep the paper kind!
  • Best friend took me out for ice cream (I think she read my mind).
  • Bouquet of red roses from my godson and his wife
  • Big congratulations from my brother-in-law.
  • Mom & dad walked Dollar.
  • A new Precious Moments nativity to add to my collection.
  • Unexpected surprises.
  • Doggie kisses.
  • Doggie cuddles.
  • Beautiful drawing from my youngest goddaughter.
  • Material gifts.
  • Birthday shoes!
  • Gift cards- yeahy, shopping!
  • Dad finished putting the Christmas lights outside as a surprise.
  • Brother finally realized it was my birthday and gave me a big hug!  

We all give of what we have and boy, do I have a generous bunch (smile)!

No comments:

Post a Comment