Tuesday, December 10, 2013

'Tis the Season to Count Your Blessings

The Celebration Begins...

'Tis the season for celebrations, on Friday we had our annual Christmas Work Party at the Fairmont Hotel in Newport Beach.  I’ve been with my company for about four years now and I look forward to the big bash that our company’s president prides in throwing every December…  This has been the first job that I have managed to hold onto after my mental breakdown.  Following a year of healing and unemployment I prayed daily for God to make me well enough to work again.  At the time, confidence in myself was very low and I remember asking God for any job even if I had to earn minimum wage and my Master’s degree went to waste.  During that period, a priest advised me to be very specific in my prayer life. So, I asked God for a job where my boss would be understanding of my need to leave work for therapy and doctor appointments, someone who would be patient with my insecurity and help build me up, I mentioned the salary that I was hoping to make and that I wanted the job before the end of the year.  I prayed for a whole year this prayer at times I doubted, cried, became discouraged, angry- but I was at my lowest and all I had was God, so I pressed on.  On December thirty-first (the last day of the year, the last day God had to grant my wish) I got hired by my current company making the EXACT salary that I had been asking Him for and my boss was a good Christian woman (Praise Jesus)!  Prayer moves mountains for real I couldn’t believe that my very specific prayer had been answered very specifically! 

One-Hour Cocktail party...
Mix and mingle...
 Dinner & Dessert...

Since then, I have been built up and I have been slowly climbing the employment ladder - while I don’t see myself doing this type of work for the rest of my life, my job has been a major blessing in countless ways.  Thus, every December when I attend the party, I toast to my loving God for my sanity and my employment is tangible evidence that God listens and provides.  

 Entertainment included the next Michael Bublé
Having fun in the photo booth, dancing and spending time with friends.

The celebration always begins with an hour cocktail mixer with entertainment. This year we had a juggling, unicycle, circus performer; a caricatures artist and a photo booth.  During dinner we had raffles and according to the president of our company the next Michael Bublé was hired to sing to us.  We closed the night with a little dancing.  Over all, I had a swell time!

No comments:

Post a Comment