Sunday, December 1, 2019

Made in the Eighties

I found this blingy sequin top straight from the eighties, literally some fashionista wore in the over the top era and donated it for someone else to have a little fun!  Though, this year with all the changes that I have had as of late, I didn’t make the time to plan my annual, thematically, fun celebration – I decided that at least my birthday outfit would have a little meaning.  Thus, though the temperatures have dropped in California, to an utterly non-sunny feel I decided to wear my silk, beaded, gold, sequin, vintage blouse and take some pictures before the cardigan went on (smile).  Even when one is sick (just a note away from bronchitis) dressing up can really elevate the mood.  Not sure if the made in the eighties look or just the spoiled merriment that I received from friends and loved ones – or a combination of the two- but not even the flu stole the happy from my birthday this year. 
A couple months leading to my birthday I had the BFF’s asking when I was sending my invite to this year’s celebration and I kept surprising them saying that this year I didn’t think there would be a party.  Am not sure if it’s the bipolar or my introversion, but I have difficulty with transitions.  It takes me a few months to get into the grove of change until eventually finding my routine.  I was just getting used to having a puppy when I got hired working a shift that I have never worked before (quite a distance from home too).  At work I still don’t feel like I have found my rhythm, there’s so much learning taking place – I feel like a sponge that is just absorbing and not yet discovered my place.  I feel like the staff (though extremely supportive) are so different from me.  BUT- I love what I am doing!  I love working with kids guiding them in their path while sharing my passion for literature.  The work I do, makes the daily two hours stuck in traffic, the obstacles with the credentialing office, the school politics and just personal challenges worth it.  With change comes a lot of growth and I think that what I am feeling is just the signs of me growing.
Working a ten to six shift with an hour drive each way has perhaps been the biggest hurdle.  I am still trying to assimilate, which only became more difficult when my grandma got sick and my parents had to go to her, leaving me with a six-month puppy that can’t be left alone for ten hours.  While having a dog walker come in to give Francis a midday break has been successful, I find that once I come home, I can no longer go to my bible study nights because I feel so guilty leaving him crated for a few more hours.  Thus, my days are spent at work or trying to care for my pup.  I know that as I get into the grove of things, I will slowly figure out how to better arrange my day and add my much needed fellowship time; but for now I am just trying to get by.  My weekends also get lost in activity prepping for the upcoming week, thus I feel like I don’t have the time for anything else.  Yet, I know that I usually deal with change, by doing only what is necessary and once I get a handle on that then I begin to get creative again.  So, am ending this year without much thought to birthdays or holidays because I am still just trying to find my rhythm in all the good change happening in my life.  While some people are great with change for me transitions are difficult and I am slow in adapting.  Yet, once I adapt and establish my routine I will add color to my life again taking back those activities that nurture my soul and sharing it with you (smile). So be patient with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment