Thursday, January 24, 2019

Two Halves Uniting Under God


Beginnings are usually full of hope and smiles and my friend’s wedding was no exception.  As I saw the groom waiting for his bride he couldn’t hide his excitement and as I saw the bride smiling down the aisle I got a glimpse of their love and their hope for one another.  Plato believed that we were born with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces that were separated into two parts and condemned to spend their lives looking for their other halves.  My other half- has quite an air of romanticism of finding that other soul to compliment and accompany me into my present and future.  On Saturday, I got to witness this union of two halves, but what Plato lacked my friend fought to have – God, a union of two under God.
The service was beautiful with readings and hymns selected by my friend and a beautiful, personalized homily that Father gave.  My friend is Catholic and her hubby is not- yet, he was excited to unite under God.  He also doesn’t like to dance so the reception was a luncheon.  I found this sacrifice by both quite beautiful, he accepted the religious service and she omitted dancing from the celebration.  I’m Latina so omitting dancing is a huge sacrifice in my eyes- and I admire my friend's willingness to do so.  She explained to me that it was their day to share in union together and she didn’t want to begin doing things that one of them would be uncomfortable with.  I told her she is on road to sanctification!  Instead, they invested on having their guest enjoy a superb lunch at one of their favorite fancy restaurants.  Each table was named after a classical composer since both have a passion for music and the father of the bride sang a couple songs with his guitar in hand which made the festivity extra special.  
It was a beautiful celebration both religious and the reception; which always makes my heart full - witnessing such a special day in the lives of two. But pictures speak louder than words...

 The groom waiting for his bride.
The smiling bride. 
Two becoming one.
A moment inviting Mary into their lives.
The new Mr. & Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment